Wednesday, October 21, 2009

G(r)o(w)ing UP



Last night, I had a golden opportunity to watch a full length movie at home since BFF (starring Sharon Cuneta and Ai-Ai delas Alas) -- an animated movie that is. I was up until past 1am watching UP, a Disney creation released I guess two months ago in the Philippines.

I seldom watch TV or movies at home. I am lucky if I gets home in time for the 7pm news. Don't ask why.

The UP movie caught me up. I liked the silent scenes in the beginning, just interpreting the scenes as you see. Got the message clear -- from adventure to friendship and to growing a family. I was moved by the idea that wanting to grow a family stopped at two. However, I was even more moved to the commitment that the two "adventurers" hold to each other. One's promise is a promise, no matter what. Even if a person grows old.

Searching for the "Paradise Falls" is like searching for one's dreams and aspirations. Experiences, triumphs and failures, learning and relationships are codified in the "Adventure Book." Along the way, there are little and big things that will either make or break one's adventure. The book is the guiding principle of where you are at in terms of reaching for your dreams.

UP is an inspiring movie both for young and old, believers and adventurers, hope seekers and friend keepers. Reaching for what it seems the impossible transcends what others may see as unimaginable. A house transported by balloons to the wilds of South America is a manifestation of one's true love and commitment to a promise. This wild adventure created a wilder adventure, blossoming a deep affection and friendship to others that one barely knew.

No [man] is an island so to speak. A boy, a dog and a bird, no matter what their capacities are, are those "little things" that will matter most in the end.

I felt like crying because of the sentimentality of the movie but ended up feeling good. Knowing that letting go of something will lead up to something fresh -- a relationship that can be nurtured for the better.

Growing up is a fine thing. Sometimes we tend to speed things up because we want to achieve our goals fast. We need to breathe, reflect and move back, and move forward again.

UP amazingly lifted my spirit to believe more.

Thanks UP for giving me a well deserved good night sleep. #




3 comments:

  1. I haven't watched UP yet, Ate. Maybe I'm a bit scared of how it would make me feel. Haha.

    I'll let you know when I've mustered the courage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahehehehe!..Kim you should watch the movie...nakakatuwang bumalik sa pagkabata..ang kulit, hehehe..:), hindi naman sya masyadong mabigat sa kalooban eh..^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. True Kimboi, you should watch it so you will know. :)

    ReplyDelete